- Support Options are provided within the scope of the Product Maintenance terms below.
- Product Maintenance is included with the commercial product license.
- Product Maintenance is not available with the Open Source license.
See detailed information with this document: sos_product_maintenance_services_customers.pdf
Product Maintenance is a service for all customers that provides bug-fixes from the General Availability date through to the Last Public Maintenance Release: see also the Product Life Cycle article for more information.
- Target Audience
- The SOS provides support for all customers with a support contract.
- Product Maintenance provides customers with releases after the General Availability date up to the end of the Maintenance Period.
- Should a critical error be detected in a release during its Maintenance Period then the SOS would fix that bug in a way that does not require complete testing of the release. Testing could be reduced to the bug-fix, instead of a full test of the scheduling environment. In such cases the SOS would apply the bug-fix to the latest minor version of that release, e.g. 1.7.3.
- Charging Model
- Analysis and Resolution of Product and Documentation Defects
- Workarounds are communicated if applicable
- Support for customers to build binaries from source code
- Option to prolong the Product Maintenance of a release (one year after General Availability) up to three years starting from the Last Public Maintenance Release.
- SOS defines one release yearly for Long Term Support.
- Access to new features and components that become available
- Support for system environment updates (operating system, DBMS)