This operating mode includes to use JS7 JobScheduler products from the cloud, optionally using JS7 Agents from a hybrid environment.
- All JS7 products are available from container images for Docker®, Kubernetes®, OpenShift® etc.
- JS7 JOC Cockpit is the user interface that is accessible for web browsers and that ships with the REST API Service.
- JS7 Controller orchestrate Agent containers for job execution in the cloud.
- JS7 Agents execute jobs and workflows autonomously.
- In addition, users can deploy JS7 Agents for execution of jobs to their on-premises environment, see On-premises Operation.
JS7 products can be operated from standalone instances in the cloud. In addition, JS7 products can be set up as a cluster for high availability which includes to deploy
- to different availability zones,
- using a cloud database service for one of the supported DBMS (MariaDB®, MySQL®, Oracle®, PostgreSQL®, SQL Server®).
- Clustering of JS7 products is subject to the Commercial License.
Consider that JS7 brings its own passive cluster for JOC Cockpit and Controller to support automatic fail-over. Use of container replicas is not a replacement for the clustering of JS7 products.
Agents can be added to a cloud environment from standalone instances and they can be operated from high availability clusters:
Hybrid Use of Agents
Users can set up a virtual private cloud that allows network access from a JS7 Controller hosted in the cloud to Agents operated in the user's on-premises environment.