- Support Options are provided within the scope of the Product Maintenance terms below.
- Product Maintenance is included with the Commercial License.
- Product Maintenance is not available with the Open Source License.
Product Maintenance is a service for all customers that provides bug-fixes from the General Availability date through to the Last Public Maintenance Release: see also the Product Life Cycle article for more information. See detailed information with this document: Product Maintenance Services
- Product Maintenance provides customers with releases after the General Availability date up to the end of the Maintenance Period.
- Should a critical error be detected in a release during its maintenance period then the SOS would fix that bug in a way that does not require complete testing of the release. Testing could be reduced to the bug-fix, instead of a full test of the scheduling environment. In such cases the SOS would apply the bug-fix to the latest minor version of that release, e.g. 1.7.3.
- Product Maintenance is covered by the Support Options for Standard Support, 24/7 Support and Long Term Support for customers with commercial licenses.
- Analysis and resolution of product and documentation defects are provided.
- Workarounds are communicated if applicable.
- Support for customers to build binaries from source code
- Support option to prolong the product maintenance of a release (one year after General Availability) up to three years starting from the Last Public Maintenance Release.
- SOS defines one release yearly for Long Term Support Long Term Support.
- Access to new features and components that become available
- Support for system environment updates (operating system, DBMS)