YADE has been developed to address the following enterprise file transfer requirements:
- File transfer with FTP, FTPS, SFTP, HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV and CIFS with reliable error detection and complex error handling
- Advanced features for transactional transfer, file renaming, pre- and post-processing etc.
- Compliant logging, file transfer history and notifications
- Integration with JobScheduler for automated file transfer in complex workflows
- User interface for access to the file transfer history
- Read more about the YADE Architecture ...
Platforms and Operating Systems
- YADE can run on all operating systems that support a Java Virtual Machine.
- YADE is tested to work on the platforms that JobScheduler is operated on: see Which platforms is JobScheduler available for and what platform support is provided?
- Read more about YADE Platforms and Operating Systems ...
Advanced File Transfer
- YADE provides a wide range of basic and advanced file transfer features.
- Read more about YADE Advanced File Transfer ...
- The YADE Client is the main component in YADE. The client is not only responsible for file transfer and SSH command execution but can carry out customizable logging, send the transfer history information to the YADE Background Service, enable an audit trail and provide error handling.
- The architecture of the YADE Client and its associated components is described in detail in the YADE Implementation Architecture.
- Read more about the YADE Client ...
YADE Command Line Interface
The Command Line Interface allows YADE to be operated directly from the command line or from batch files.
- The YADE Command Line Interface is used for example for integration with existing scripts and replacing direct calls to FTP and SFTP command line programs.
- The YADE Command Line Interface allows changing of file transfer behavior: for example, switching the protocol from FTP to SFTP, without requiring existing scripts to be changed. Such modifications can be applied to a YADE configuration file and would not affect existing file transfer scripts.
- Read more about the YADE Command Line Interface ...
The YADE API is used as a component by applications that require file transfer capabilities.
- The YADE API makes the functionality of YADE available to any application running in a Java Virtual Machine.
- The YADE API provides access to classes and methods for individual handling of file transfer needs.
- Read more about the YADE API ...
YADE JITL Jobs
Seamless integration with the SOS JobScheduler using the JobScheduler's YADE JITL Jobs (the JobScheduler Integrated Template Library) means that the full range of the JobScheduler's workload automation capabilities can be used to:
- automatically start and control file transfers using JobScheduler features such as Job Chains and Schedules,
- carry out advanced pre- and post-procesing around file transfer.
- Read more about the YADE JITL Jobs ...
YADE Background Service
The YADE Background Service function is provided by an SOS JobScheduler.
- the transfer history and log files are collected from a number of YADE Clients and to add to the transfer history database.
- the Service includes the YADE Background Service History, a graphical interface for visualizing the transfer history.
- Read more about the YADE Background Service ...
YADE Background Service Automation
The YADE Background Service Automation is part of the YADE Background Service. A JobScheduler instance is used to import the transfer history and log files from any number of YADE Clients into a transfer history database and to send notifications.
- The YADE Background Service collects the transfer history from individual YADE Clients and is either invoked by the YADE Client after each file transfer or started automatically by the JobScheduler.
- The YADE Background Service feeds the transfer history database with information on each file transfer including file names, source and target systems and execution results.
- Read more about YADE Background Service Automation ...
YADE Background Service History
- The YADE Background Service History Viewer is a web front-end for accessing the file transfer history from the file transfer database used by the file YADE Background Service.
- Read more about the YADE Background Service History Viewer ...
Virtual File System (VFS)
YADE uses a Virtual File System (VFS) as an interface for accessing and transferring files from source to target systems.
- The VFS works as a layer that encapsulates details of individual file transfer protocols such as FTP, SFTP etc..
- The VFS brings a major shift in perspective: file transfers are not effected from a local host to a remote host or vice versa, instead transfers are a effected as copy or move operations between any VFS source system and any target system.
- The VFS allows to use any combination of source and target systems for file transfers.
- Read more about the YADE Virtual File System (VFS)
The YADE Credential Store allows the secure storage and retrieval of credentials for authentication, connection and other parameters.
- The YADE Credential Store uses the KeePass password safe to provide encrypted storage of parameters in a protected database.
- Access to the Credential Store is regulated by public/private key and password authentication.
- Configuration items for YADE File Transfer Profiles can be stored securely in the credential store - it is not necessary to specify passwords in clear text in YADE configuration files.
- Read more about YADE Credential Store ...
File Transfer Profiles
All the settings required for file transfer, i.e. host name, username, protocol etc., can be grouped in a profile and stored in a YADE configuration file.
- Such profiles can be reused for multiple file transfer operations.
- Such profiles can be used by the YADE Command Line Interface and by YADE JITL Jobs at the same time.
- Read more about File Transfer Profiles ...
- YADE writes audit information to standardized log files with a structured and configurable format.
- This allows detailed logging of all characteristics of a file transfer, e.g. renaming of files, transfer duration, resolution of host names for source systems and target systems.
- Read more about the YADE Audit Trail ...
- YADE records the file transfer history for all transfers and, if required, stores this information in a central file transfer history in a database.
- The file transfer history provides detailed information about each file transfer such as point in time, duration, individual files, source & target of a transfer and execution result.
- The file transfer history can be read using the YADE Background Service History Viewer:
- Read more about the Transfer History ...
YADE can be used to fulfill a number of industry compliance standards:
- PCI-DSS Compliance
- SOX Compliance
- You can build a compliant application with YADE by providing a secure configuration and protocols (see above) and by using encrypted and signed files with your application. The YADE Background Service provides a file transfer history to comply with SOX requirements.
- HIPAA Compliance
- Read more: Is YADE compliant to some information security standard?
YADE provides notifications in the event of errors.
- The YADE Client can be configured to send notifications by mail immediately file transfer.
- The YADE Background Service can be configured to send notifications when detecting errors reported in the file transfer history.
- Read more about Notifications ...
- Instructions are available for installing YADE components and building them from source code if required.
- Read more about Installation...
- YADE can be used on a jump host to provide file transfer across secure Internet / Intranet interfaces.
- Read more about Jump Host ..