The new Java Based JobScheduler Agent is here, which will be exciting news for everyone working with JobScheduler.
The new Java Based JobScheduler Agent brings a major game change to the role and functionalities of the JobScheduler Agent, removing the need to distinguish between supported platforms (Windows, Linux) and platforms with limited support (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX).
The Agent can be be installed on any operating system that supports a Java Virtual Machine.
This is a first technical preview with an expected final release as near as the 3rd quarter 2015.
The JobScheduler Agent provides the following additional benefits:
- Simplified Deployment and Zero Configuration after installation
- More flexible remote job scheduling than SSH solutions
- Can be used in large clusters of hundreds of installations controlled by a single JobScheduler Master
- This first milestone of the JobScheduler Agent provides the following major feature sets:
- Shell Script execution
- Logging and Return Parameter Handling to a JobScheduler Master
- Job Monitor Scripts & limited API Job execution
Additional license fees will not apply for users migrating to this platform-independent Agent.
For more information about the Agent see:
For more information about using the JobScheduler for remote execution in general see:
To download the new Java Based Agent and get more information about Release Notes, Version Support etc. refer to:
Let us know about how you find the Agent: