SOS offers a number of different license models for its products. Please refer to the relevant Products pages for information about the licenses that are available for individual products.
Open Source License
- The majority of SOS products are licensed under the open source GNU GPL (General Public License).
- Users with Open Source licenses benefit from free software and may use it free of charge.
- Neither professional Services nor commercial Support are provided for users of Open Source licenses.
- Users with Open Source licenses can ask for community support - for more information see our Community Resources.
- SOS grants customers who have purchased commercial licenses access to a wide range of Support Options and professional Services.
- Customers with commercial licenses help us to finance on-going development from license revenues.
- Customers benefit from on-going Product Maintenance Service, Support Options and Services such as Training, Implementation and Migration.services.
- Customers receive maintenance releases for longer periods - publicly available maintenance releases are provided for one year.
- Customers can report issues on our SOS Ticket System, are guaranteed response times and receive immediate support in case of a production standstill.
- Individual products and optional Add-ons to SOS products, as indicated in our Add-on descriptions, are available with a freeware license model:
- SOS grants a free of charge right of use.
- Neither support and nor services are provided.
- Warranty is not provided and liability will not be accepted.
- For details see Freeware License Agreement
Send us an e-mail to request information on licensing.