We recommend to start by reading the articles and tutorials below, the articles explain the JobScheduler architecture and the mode of operation.
Installation and Configuration
- Consider the Getting Started guide. For details follow the installation instructions:
- Walk through the Tutorials
- Installation on an Amazon AMI Linux 64 bit image: JobScheduler Amazon AMI Installation Guide (PDF)
- Deployment of multible JobSchedulers on distributed servers. Installation by Cloning (PDF)
Implementation of Jobs Using the JobScheduler API
These documents are intended for job developers, you do not need to read the documents, in order to be able to configure automated job, starts for executable programs and scripts.
- Explains the objects and methods of the API for job development: API Documentation (XML) (PDF)
- Introduction to the development of jobs using the JobScheduler internal API: Internal API Job Implementation Tutorial (PDF)
You can use the following shortcuts
- Java API Documentation
- PowerShell API Documentation
More complex job scheduling scenarios are explained in the following documents:
- How to use and migrate crontabs with JobScheduler: Using and Migrating Cron with JobScheduler (PDF)
- Configuration and implementation of Web Services for your jobs: Tutorial Web Service Implementation (PDF)
- How events can be used for conditional job execution: Conditional Job Processing with Events (PDF)
Additional Information Resources
- JobScheduler section of our Product Knowledge Base.
- Change Management System with details on features, fixes and releases.
- JobScheduler Forum on SourceForge.